Value Chain Promotion Coordinator – Fruits and Nuts Sector
Task for the expert:
– Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level.
– Implementation of capacity development measures for local partners in the area of value chain promotion of fruits and nuts particularly trainings and marketing activities on regional and national markets.
– Supporting identification and assignments of local and international short-term experts.
– Maintaining contact to relevant partners in the value chain (e. g. associations, farmers and farmers groups, processors, exporters, administration, advisory services).
– Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality, returnees, young people).
Qualifications of the expert:
– Good business language skills in English (C1 European Reference Framework), Albanian (mother tongue).
– 10 years in agriculture and rural development.
– 8 years (proven by a CV with meaningful information on specific fields) of value chain promotion in the fruits and nuts value 26 chain, 5 years in agricultural extension and marketing of agricultural/horticultural products (proven by a CV with meaningful information on specific fields).
– 3 years management of projects in the fruits and nuts sector.
– 5 years Albania, Kosovo or North Macedonia with a focus on promotion of Fruits and Nuts value chains by working directly with producers and via BDS providers, as well as by capacitating government institutions at the central, regional and local levels.
– 4 years of project experience with donor organizations in Albania in implementing capacity development measures.