Value Chain Promotion Coordinator – Small Ruminants Sector
Task for the expert:
– Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level.
– Implementation of capacity development measures for local partners in the area of value chain promotion focussing on training and marketing on national markets.
– Supporting identification and assignments of local and international short-term experts.
– Maintaining contact to relevant partners in the value chain (e. g. associations, farmers and farmers groups, processors, exporters, administration, advisory services).
– Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality, returnees, young people)
Qualifications of the expert:
– Master or equivalent in agriculture, agronomy, veterinary medicine, or related fields.
– Good business language skills in English (C1 European Reference Framework), Albanian (mother tongue).
– 10 years in agriculture and rural development.
– 8 years (proven by a CV with information on specific fields) in animal production; value chain promotion of small ruminants; understanding of EU-requirements in the field of sanitary standards, food safety and animal health.
– 3 years in management of projects in the small ruminants’ sector.
– 5 years Albania, Kosovo or North Macedonia.
– 4 years of project experience with donor organizations in Albania in implementing capacity development measures.