Value Chain Promotion Coordinator – Fruits and Nuts Sector
We are looking for three experts in the area of value chain promotion for a project that seeks to support the enhancement of the opportunities for strengthening the competitiveness of Albanian producers, processors and traders in three value chains for accessing export markets or substituting imports in the national market and thereby contributing to creating employment and increasing the viability for small farmers and MSMEs. CEFE International is applying for this GIZ funded project. The project is planned to start by end of 2020 and should continue for two years. Expected working days as freelance short-term expert is up to 200 days.
Task for the expert:
– Coordination of the advisory package of the contractor with regard to the work packages and activities to be implemented in the fruits and nuts value chain.
– Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the services of the contractor with other services delivered by the programme at local and national level.
– Implementation of capacity development measures for local partners in the area of value chain promotion of fruits and nuts particularly trainings and marketing activities on regional and national markets.
– Supporting identification and assignments of local and international short-term experts.
– Maintaining contact to relevant partners in the value chain (e. g. associations, farmers and farmers groups, processors, exporters, administration, advisory services).
– Consideration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality, returnees, young people).
Qualifications of the expert:
– Master or equivalent in agriculture, agronomy, horticulture or related fields.
– Good business language skills in English (C1 European Reference Framework), Albanian (mother tongue).
– 10 years in agriculture and rural development.
– 8 years (proven by a CV with meaningful information on specific fields) of value chain promotion in the fruits and nuts value 26 chain, 5 years in agricultural extension and marketing of agricultural/horticultural products (proven by a CV with meaningful information on specific fields).
– 3 years management of projects in the fruits and nuts sector.
– 5 years Albania, Kosovo or North Macedonia with a focus on promotion of Fruits and Nuts value chains by working directly with producers and via BDS providers, as well as by capacitating government institutions at the central, regional and local levels.
– 4 years of project experience with donor organizations in Albania in implementing capacity development measures.
Deadline of application:
12 th of August
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.