CEFE Global Statistic
CEFE as an open system does not oblige trainers to report on their performance and output. CEFE International launched an initiative to assess the global outreach of CEFE.
By Aug. 2010, answers of the following 18 countries were received:
Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil (only Minas Gerais and Paraná), Cap Verde, Chile, China, El Salvador, Honduras, Macedonia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Philippines, Serbia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Tunisia.
Data collection is based on
• standardized questionnaires filled in by key trainers related to their countries,
• crosscheck of questionnaires of different trainers in a country,
• comparison with other reports or data, when available.
This basic information was then processed and aggregated.
Main results for these 18 countries are:
- average years of CEFE application: 13
- total n° of trainers trained: 6,700
- n° of active trainers: 2,180
- average n° of Training of Trainers (ToT) per year, at present: 25
- average n° of courses carried out per active trainer, per year: 10
- n° of participants in CEFE courses, per year, at present: 306,500
- n° of participants in CEFE courses, in total, in these countries: 2,500,000
It may be underlined that most (>95%) courses – ToT and entrepreneurship training – nowadays are implemented without ongoing project support. About 1.9 times more ToTs are realised per year at present, compared to overall average. That means, CEFE is accelerating without donor support.
CEFE has been introduced since 1985 in 145 countries, so far. Not all of them can be considered as active. Data basis is still too weak to project global outreach.
CEFE International would very much welcome an interested organization enabling a random based study about impact of the training courses in selected countries which would allow for a global impact projection.
Eberhard Peter Baerenz